What’s a wedding without flowers?
The list of who gets them might be longer than you’d expect. We all know the bride, bridesmaids, groom, and groomsmen need flowers, but you may also need personal flowers for your mothers and fathers, your officiant, ushers, and the flower girl and ring bearer.
When choosing your flowers, it is important to keep your budget, colour theme, photography plans and location in mind.
If you are wanting detailed photographs of your flowers, then choosing real flowers is your best choice.
Due to the abundance of poorly made artificial flowers, many brides are justifiably worried about choosing them, however, there are many high-quality versions available, many of which look incredibly realistic.
It comes down to more of a personal choice for brides, with pros and cons for both.
Artificial Flowers – Pros:
- Less fragile
- Can be an eco-friendly option
- No pollen so no unexpected sneezing
- Can be organised and received early
- Silk equivalent of fresh flowers is more costly
- Continually in season
- Will last for years to come
- Won’t wilt or turn brown
- No maintenance is required
- Easily transportable
- Unscented (although you can get scented which will dissipate over time)
- Lighter than the real equivalent
Artificial Flowers – Cons:
- May not look ‘real’ in close up photography
- Can look cheap and tacky
- Collect dust easily
- Usually no scent (but can get some scented which dissipates over time)
- Not usually given away as gifts
- May be more expensive than fresh (only may – shop around)
Link to Florists in your state. http://australiasweddingguide.com.au/flowers/
Fresh Flowers – Pros:
- Delicate and unique
- Fresh flowers always look wonderful
- Colours are more vibrant
- Naturally fragrant
Fresh Flowers – Cons:
- Are easily damaged
- Can wilt quickly
- Heavier than artificial versions
- Need to be ‘made’ on or the day before the wedding
- Can be super expensive if out of season
- They will die
- Will wilt and deteriorate rapidly in heat
- If used on the bonnet of a car will not last long due to heat from metal of bonnet
- Can be expensive
- Contain pollen, people with allergies won’t enjoy them
- Not all flowers are available year round
When it comes to the cost difference between real and artificial flowers, there may not necessarily be a large difference. The decision to choose fresh or fake wedding flowers is entirely up to you and your fiancée. So long as you’re happy with them, at the end of the day that’s all that really matters.
Please feel free to leave a comment or review at the bottom of the page. Thank you.